Worksite learning and RISE Up certifications can help with hiring challenges
Retail entry-level jobs have the potential to inspire diverse career pathways and provide an abundance of promotion opportunities for all passions and talents.
Two of WR’s focused efforts during September’s Careers in Retail Month include supporting employer hiring efforts and helping students explore career pathways.
Resources readily available for retailers challenged with hiring and training employees include:
- Worksite learning: A partnership between Career and Technical Education (CTE) directors and employers purposed to provide students with employment experiences, apply course knowledge, and explore career options through a structured coordination program. Employers can contact the Careers and Technical Education (CTE) directors in their local school districts to help set up worksite learning opportunities for students in their area.
- RISE Up offers four retailer-developed certifications to provide the best training for students, including upskilling, entry-level work, and frontline incumbent retail workers. Youth and their mentors embrace these certifications because they offer real-life experience and applications. Job-readiness training builds jobseeker confidence, regardless of age or background, and builds skills that are transferrable to all careers.
- Testimonial videos: Boys and Girls Club of America; RISE Up Spotlight: Alex Garcia – YouTube (a formerly incarcerated person.)
Worksite learning and RISE Up training in combination are vital resources for employers with hiring challenges. For additional information, please contact Rose Gundersen at (360) 200-6452 or [email protected].
RISE Up was developed by retailers to offer the best upskilling training for students, entry-level works, and frontline incumbent retail workers. Please review the list below to explore ways to support your students, especially those interested in business and marketing.
- RISE Up Partner of the Year video: NRF Foundation Honors 2022 – Meet the 2022 NRF Foundation RISE Up Partner of the Year – YouTube
- A teacher in AZ’s retail store helped students connect to employers to acquire job skills and entrepreneurship
- NRF Foundation & Boys & Girls Club of America video: NRF Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of America – YouTube (students and professionals who work with youth’s testimonies)
- RISE Up Spotlight: Alex Garcia video: RISE Up Spotlight: Alex Garcia – YouTube (formerly incarcerated testimonial)
About RISE Up:
- RISE Up’s overview Document – a brief summary of the four certification courses
- Retail Industry Fundamentals (RIF)
- Customer Service & Sales (CSS)
- Business of Retail (BoR)
- Warehouse, Inventory, and Logistics (WIL)
- Why Hire RISE Up Credentials Holders
- Introduction to RISE Up Credentials ppt
- RIF, CSS, BoR, and WIL — Our Reference Library offers much more, including career prep and classroom activity resources)
- Pick Your Passion Chart illustrates multiple pathways for people of all talents and passions